Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"Giant Blooms"

"Giant Blooms"

Acrylic on canvas

$150

I haven't posted lately and this one I brought back from awhile ago, because I haven't got anything new that I want to post.  I''m still reluctant to post some paintings that I think are really special because of people actually making prints from them and selling them! Can you believe the nerve they have, and it is hard to track them down. The company I am talking about is in another country and when you call the United States phone number, you get no one. I hate to give up my blog, though, so occasionally I will post something. Do any of you other artists have that sort of trouble?

3 comments:

  1. How did you find out about it? One thing that I've been advised to do is use the smallest number of pixels as you can, that way if the image is enlarged it's not a clear sharp picture. Another thing you can do is put a light watermark over your picture so that it can't be easily copied. It's a little distracting but needs to be done. You do lovely work, I can see why they would want to copy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery" they say... I agree about including the watermark. It's a pain, but it's probably about all you can do if the culprits are not in your own country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are lots of dishonest and unethical people out there. I think Joy's tips are quite good and will help deter those who are looking to steal works.

    ReplyDelete