Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Flowers and Marbles"

  
  
"Flowers and Marbles"
"Flowers and Marbles"

8 x 10 oil painting

$85

I sat up a still life of some flowers from my garden with a hanky with crochet edge and some marbles. I thought you might like to see the progression. Photo 1 and 2 were taken with a light directly on/above the painting and the finished painting was taken without an overhead light. It made a huge difference! I love the colors in the 2nd photo, although unless the painting in under a direct over the top light, it looks like the third photo. I suppose that is why a light is often placed at the top of paintings in a gallery or even in a home. It certainly brings out the color! I had fun with this painting. I am trying to loosen up a bit and paint more"painterly" in a more impressionistic style. It is fun to just splash on the color, not worrying about every little detail!

4 comments:

  1. Egretta - love your zinnias and marbles. You are truly painting painterly - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours and the happiness that this painting so beautifully expresses. This made me smile on an otherwise dull and grey kind of day. - June

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your painting. You choose really great subjects and make it interesting by adding extra glass and crochet edging etc. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete