Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Starting a new watercolor....



I am working on a watercolor of bougainvillea

that is a lovely reddish purple color. A friend gave me a bouquet of these blooms from her garden and I just sat down to rest a bit, grabbed a watercolor tablet and did a fast drawing. Then I started right in on the blooms. No planning. No thought process at all.....just doing!


Now I am wondering what in the world am I going to do with this? I always plan out my compositions and usually do the background first, even. So here I am...no rules, no plans. I am determined not to abandon this no matter what. So stay tuned. We will see what flows out of the brush!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just have to sieze the moment...
    Now if it had been me, I'd probably have taken some photos immediately and then painted from the photos a bit later on. But then I'm not an artist!

    ReplyDelete