Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Still Life with Begonias"



"Still Life with Begonias"


9 x 12 acrylic on hardboard panel


$125


I painted this a little while back, but some of you may have missed it. I am so busy at the moment with other projects than painting, so have been only sketching in the sketch book for a few days when I get a moment to rest. That is why all artists need a personal assistant...to take care of things like re-arranging the studio, purchasing new materials, entering shows and mailing packages, etc. Well, one can dream, I guess!


This painting was fun to do...I sat up the still life in the studio and used some old pieces of granite ware that I love in it and the chenille bit the items are sitting on was challenging to paint.

I love how it turned out, though. Click on the painting to see details.

2 comments:

  1. Really pretty - I clicked to enlarge the photo to see the detail in your painting and so pretty! The cabbage in your last post is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one Egretta. I love the combination of the blue plates and the pink flowers

    ReplyDelete