Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Monday, July 18, 2011

"Spare Parts"



"Spare Parts"


9 x 12 Watercolor


$200


I'm still painting away scenes from the tractor graveyard! I love all the beautiful colors found in the rusty relics!

I am painting mostly wet into wet, which means that I apply a nice, juicy brush load of a color right next or even on another wet color. The colors mingle and mix and it is quite fun. The ground was painted by washing in burnt sienna and Paynes gray, then laying down some siran wrap on the wet paint. I manipulated the wrap a bit to get the sweep of shapes leading to the center of interest, the tires. Click on this to see a close up of how the ground was made using the siran wrap and also the mingled colors in the rusty metal. Your comments are appreciated, too.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your tractor series! Very nice paintings.

    ReplyDelete