Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Starting an Egg Tempera Painting



Hi everyone,


This past week was a busy one and I really did not get to paint as much as I would have liked.

I have heard other artists complain about life's necessary chores, such as tax prep, house cleaning, getting the car serviced, etc, etc. getting in the way of painting. Then when you have to be off a few days, getting back into your groove is a little hard, too.


I have started another egg tempera painting. This one is of my grandmother who passed away in the 80's and I am doing it from memory and a very small, bad front view photo of her. She was a quilter, so I have her sitting at a quilt on a frame threading a needle. This photo just shows a barely begun painting! Egg tempera requires a lot of layering and I have only begun, so there is much to do.


I use a granite ware tray to put my paint on, as you can see on the left of the painting. I paint right handed, but most always am more comfortable with my paint on the left. I do other things left handed, such as sweep and play miniature golf. Oh, well, that is neither here nor there!!!


Hopefully I will be back in the swing of things now and in a few days will show you how I am doing on this painting. I know it will take a while to get it done. Keep watching!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing it in the coming days, the quilts are going to be really nice in it too.

    ReplyDelete