Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Boots, boots and more boots.


Today I am posting 4 of my favorite paintings that I have done in the past year. They are a series of little boy's old time boots, probably from the early 1900's. The real shoes are in my possession and they are precious; they are well worn with many nails in the soles. I can just imagine the things some little boys may have done wearing these boots; I am sure they were handed down to many.
They were posted last March on my blog, soon after I started it. The 4 paintings are for sale for $60. each or all 4 for $240.
This first painting is a watercolor. If you click on it, you will get a larger view and you can see the texture of the paper. I love the colors in this one.
The next one is an egg tempera, which is powdered pigment mixed with egg yolk. It is a durable medium and it is applied thinly and layered. I used a sponge to apply paint in the background.
I added the marbles for interest. Look at all the nails in the bottoms of the little boots.


The third painting is done with acrylic paint and is yet another view of the little boots.



The fourth one in the series is done with oil paint (water soluble oils to be exact) and I really do love the richness of oils and the color of the background here.


I have photographed them all together and they do make an interesting grouping. Each painting measures 6 x 6. The watercolor is done on paper and the others on hardboard panels. Many of you may have seen these, but I find that a lot of people do not go back to see older posts, so thought I would show them again. Your comments are appreciated!






No comments:

Post a Comment