Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas--my favorite 12 paintings


"Carolina Wrens Building a Nest" $500
16 x 20 acrylic on stretched canvas, framed
This painting has won an exhibition prize.
For the next 12 days, until Christmas, I will be posting each day one of my favorite paintings. I'm starting with this one, which tells a story of a busy little couple trying to build their nest in my father's old garden boots! This story is sort of true, as the pair of wrens build their nest each year somewhere on my back porch. I placed Dad's old work boots out there to entice them, but no! they chose a flower pot. My imagination could just see the male trying to get the leather shoe lace into the nest, while his mate waits patiently with her twig! I love these old boots, as the memory of my Dad is there---I can just see the way he stood in the placement of these boots and in their form. Click on the photo to see details.
My photography skills were not so good, as I took this photo inside my studio and there are so many windows that the flash reflects the light too much in spots.
This painting is my pick # 12.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely painting and looking forward to your twelve days of Christmas painting count down!

    ReplyDelete