Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

12 Days of Christmas--Favorite Painting Count Down

"Granny's Treasures"
19 1/2 x 24 1/2 watercolor SOLD

This painting is one of my very favorites, probably because of the challenges in it, as well as the subject matter. The items are from my family, which I do treasure. The challenge was to paint the cathedral quilt beneath the glass wash board, making the white pitcher reflect the different colors , and other reflections and shadows. It looks a little less vibrant here than in real life.

I hope it stirs memories in you, too. This painting is number two and tomorrow will be the last one in my count down. It is looking a lot like Christmas, isn't it? Hope you are having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment