Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Dance of the Pearls"


"Dance of the Pearls"
9 x 11 acrylic on paper $85
You may ask, " What was she thinking---how was this created?" Believe me, as much goes into creating an abstract as in creating a painting of a recognizable subject matter! I began working with some box shapes using various shades of blues and purples. I tried to get variety in the shapes in their sizes and placement. There was not really a pre-conceived idea or plan. As I worked, the ideas began to flow and I added lines for interest, as well as one large circle. I needed a punch of white so I did the small "pearls" and flicked some white splashes into the dark shape on the left. I was thinking of balance and interest then. I adjusted some colors, washed over some with other colors until I felt I had an interesting piece of art. So what do you think? Click on it for a view of details. It is great fun and a challange, as well, to create an interesting and pleasing arrangement of art elements that the more you look at it and study it, the more you see and the more you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Your abstract collection is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete