Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Pink Hibiscus"


"Pink Hibiscus"
8 1/2 x 11 1/2 watercolor $45
I did this painting rather quickly and loosely, playing with the background and the shades of pink. Hibiscus bloom all year in Florida, so when nothing much else is around, you always have a pretty flower. I have told you before, though, the bloom will only last one day.
Sign up with Google as one of my followers and I will enter you in my free painting give away. I will be giving away the painting called "The Yearling, as well as a wonderful book titled, "The Yearling. Look at the painting on older posts.

2 comments:

  1. The shade of pink is lovely. Enjoying your posts as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this hibiscus some time ago and wished you could have seen the beautiful red one I had on my patio this summer. Too late now...It had a beautiful red bloom and then the temp dropped to 30 degrees and it is now completely black..even the single red bloom that day.

    ReplyDelete