Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Early American Tin Lantern"


"Early American Tin Lantern" $50
Print on heavy paper
Here is print #6 in the series of prints made from my drawings of antiques. It is the last one. Artisans and craftsmen made these functional lanterns that are collected today and sought after by many. It is hard to find tin work like this in shops.
I did the drawing from the real thing, borrowed from a collector. It was done with pen and India Ink. I hope you have enjoyed seeing these prints while I am working on the big watercolor I started over a week ago! It has been slow going, but often I have had other pressing things, such as mowing and gardening to do, that has prevented me from finishing the painting in a timely manner. It won't be long, though, so keep watching!
Sign up for my Painting Give Away coming up Dec. 1. Just become a Follower to enter.

1 comment: