Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, July 11, 2010



"Cherries Fiesta" SOLD

6 x 6 acrylic on hardboard panel $45


I sat up this little still life painting and could hardly paint it for wanting to eat the delicious Rainier Cherries! I called it "Cherries Fiesta" because I used the little Fiestaware bowl to hold the cherries. I bought it a couple of weeks ago at Red Wing Potteries in Minnesota. Fiestaware was first produced way back in the 20's and is still popular. I remember my girl friend's mother setting a beautiful table with it back when I was a girl in the 50's. Back to the painting, I enjoyed doing this... the shadows were fun and the red and yellows in the cherries contrasting with the turquoise bowl are very striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment