Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, June 16, 2010


"Sandhill Cranes"
22 x 34 Watercolor on Arches Paper, framed $500
This large watercolor is of a family of Sandhill Cranes; we see so many of them in Florida. They love level land and often are very near the highways. They mate for life and are protective of their young. I enjoyed painting them with the new baby who will change in color as he grows. The background of this painting is done wet into wet, meaning that the colors run and intermingle somewhat according to the amount of water used. I focused on the birds for more detail. It is framed in a white frame and mat--a wide mat, so it is quite large and would make a good presence in home, office or commercial building.
I wonder how hot it is in your part of the country? It is awful here--one can hardly stand to be outside a few minutes! My grandson and I went swimming this a.m. and it sure felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment