Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, May 16, 2010


I'm posting what I am working on today---it is an oil of koi fish and I have a long way to go! When I start an oil, I try to get paint on the canvas--get the canvas covered---as soon as possible and then refine and work on the parts, changing values and shapes, etc. as needed as I go along. I am a little frustrated by the slow drying time of oils. I prefer paint that is fast drying, such as acrylics or egg tempera, even watercolor, but I do like the finished results of oils. The richness is unsurpassed! Hopefully, I will have this finished for tomorrow's post---we will see.
I found out today that Love Bugs are actually from South American, so thought I'd clarify that. It doesn't matter where they are from, we still have them around and they are a mess!
I'd love for you to pass my blogspot address to your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment