Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Monday, April 12, 2010


"Zucchini Family and Yo-Yo's"
6x6 oil on hardboard $75
I went to the flea market Saturday to buy vegetables and saw this little family of round zucchini. I thought they were so cute and I had never seen the round ones! So I immediately thought about painting them, Momma Zucchini and Poppa Zucchini with all the little kiddos. So here they are with a yo-yo quilt around them. I'm sure you are familiar with yo-yo's, but if not they are circles with a thread run around them and gathered up to make a cute little "yo-yo". Old-timers would use up their fabric scraps thus, sew the yo-yo's together to make quilts and table runners, pillows, etc. I thought the roundness of them would compliment the round zucchini in this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment