Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, April 14, 2010


"Ardess House with Flower Box"
8x10 acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas $95
I painted this from sketches and photos from Northern Ireland. It is a windowbox of flowers and the window reflects another part of the property. The houses there are really, really old and part of the plaster has fallen off revealing the old brick and mortar. The colors in the wall next to the flowers really caught my eye, and my imagination. Wonder who all had lived in this house?
I am working on a very hard watercolor with alot of lace and reflections in glass. It is time consuming...already about 6 hours and I'm wondering when it will ever be finished! But it is fun and I hope to post it in a day or two. I may have to do a small one to post before I get this watercolor finished. Keep watching! By the way, the black along the edge of this painting of the windowbox is not part of the painting. I take the photos outside and it was so windy, I couldn't see what I was doing and could hardly even hold the camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment