Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Friday, March 26, 2010

Paintings by Egretta Wells







Creating every day.......art blog......it's a great life!









Today is the first day of my blog! How exciting!






ABOUT ME






Egretta Wells has been an artist for years and years, and for the past five years has also been co-owner of an antique shop. There she displayed and sold her work and many days painted there where people could actually watch. Being in business took up alot of time and she couldn't accomplish all she wanted, so she just sold the partnership and many, many antiques. (She kept many, too!)






At last she is in the studio full time creating all day long everyday! Above is a photo of Egretta"s studio with some of the antique "props".



STATEMENT:

I paint in watercolor, acrylic, water-soluble oils, and egg tempera. I love each and can not seem to settle on just one. I love to paint large paintings, but small ones are fun, too, and sometimes can be finished quicker. I'll try to post a painting each day or one I'm working on.

I studied art at the University of Tennessee and "grew up" on abstract art, but as I've grown older, I have become more of a realist. My focus now is not necessarily on subject matter but more on light and value and color. Many of my paintings do show my love of antiques--old quilts, glass, lace, etc. I also love to do character studies of unusual folks (aren't we ALL a bit unusual?). Landscapes are awesome, too, and I do plein air painting.


My paintings are in private collections, including many banks and businesses in Okeechobee, Florida where I live. I just won "Best of Show" in the Top of the Lake Show. The watercolor painting features old quilts, lace and antiques. Sorry about the flash. It was framed in glass and I am not savy enough to touch up the photo!
Welcome to my blog and your comments are welcome, too.
EGRETTA












3 comments:

  1. Egretta, I've been hearing about you for years from my friend Al Hickey here in Williamsburg. In fact, I visited your mother once in Loyall and saw the dining room wall painting. I'm glad you have a blog so I can view your work.
    Blessings,
    Florence Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello,
    I enjoyed your blog. Thanks for including us in your communication. Tell momma we said hi. Enjoy your painting. Sounds like you are having an awesome time!
    Love,
    Philip & Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egretta,
    Enjoyed your blog! Such talent! Looking forward to following your blog and seeing such powerful art work. You are and always have been so artistic in so many areas, but your paintings in this blog puts you "in the top" of the art world! Will anxiously be watching for more,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete