Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, March 31, 2010


" Boy's Antique Boots"
6x6 egg tempera on hardboard
Here is the second painting in this series of the same subject. If you are not familiar with egg tempera, it is paint mixed from powdered pigment and egg yolk. I buy it already mixed in tubes by Rowney. I love the texture you get from it and on the background I painted with a sponge to enhance that texture. It is easy to get lots of detail with egg tempera, as you can see here. If you double click on the painting and get a larger view, the details really show up. When egg tempera dries, it is very durable.
Tomorrow I am planning to put the watercolor painting on. Hopefully it will be finished!
Each of these paintings will be $60 or all four will be $240. I am trying to get information about buying my work on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment