Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, March 30, 2010


"Boy's Antique Boots"
6x6 acrylic on hardboard panel
These are my favorite shoes from my antique shoe collection. They were bought in Kentucky at an estate sale for 50 cents and are almost priceless to me! Can't you imagine how these shoes were passed down in a pioneer family to many little boys. Holes are worn in the toes and soles have been nailed on them many times. There must be fifty nails in the bottom of each shoe!
I own my grandmother's shoe last and stand and remember her repairing the family's shoes. I love to paint things that evoke memories of days gone by.
I decided to paint the shoes in 4 different mediums--acrylic, egg tempera, watercolor, and oils. So tomorrow I will post one done in egg tempera. It will be fun to see which you like best, so watch for the other 3 in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment